PELA Youth Entrepreneurship Program
in Prince Edward and Lennox & Addington Counties
Part of the Strategic Community Youth Entrepreneurship Program
(SCEP) and funded by the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development,
Trade & Employment, the Empowering Young Entrepreneurs Program
or EYE Program is a business start-up program for youths aged 18-29 years old in Prince Edward and Lennox & Addington Counties. The Program provides eligible participants with ten weeks of interactive business
startup training, mentorship, wrap-around support and a grant of $3000.
Who we are looking for:
Do you have an idea, see a market opportunity or have a cause/passion that you think can be turned into a business?
Do you want to learn how take an idea and turn it into a business?
Are you a self starter but need a little structure and help with business topics like marketing or finance or technology.
Are you eligible?
• Between the ages of 18-29
• No longer in school
• Not currently enrolled in the Ontario Self Employment Benefits Program
or other Employment Ontario programs
• Live in either Prince Edward or Lennox & Addington County
• Can commit to participation in the 10-week training program
What you get:
• No-cost learning opportunity of 10-week entrepreneurship training to
give you skills and tools to create, launch and grow your own business.
• Mentorship and business coaching from Entrepreneurs/successful
business owners that can help you on your journey to self-employment
• Funding of $3,000 to help with your business start-up costs
• Wraparound support funding to assist with access and participation
in all training
• Independence and personal satisfaction
• Connect with other young people who want to be entrepreneurs
LEARN MORE CALL NOW!
Learning Modules include:
• Ideas, Innovation and Business Planning
• Market Research & Business Models
• Harnessing Technology
• Marketing Mix
• Financial Management
• Sales & Communication
• People & Time Management
• Operation & Growing your Business
• Matched with a successful business coach/mentor who will work with you on your business development
• Give advice on access to government programs & resources
• Grant funding of $3,000 toward development and launch of your business
• Examples of potential eligible costs: website, marketing materials, products etc.
• Funding to support access & participation in the entrepreneurial training
• Examples include transportation, childcare etc.
June 16 2014
Sara Blakely (Spanx) started her billion dollar businesses before she was 27
Prince Edward/Lennox & Addington Community Futures Development Corporation (PELA CFDC) is a community-based, not-for-profit corporation whose objective is to encourage local entrepreneurship and economic development. PELA CFDC specializes in providing business loans, grants, and training.
With the support of the Government
of Canada’s Economic Action Plan